Competitive salaries have an exponential impact in a low cost of living community.
Midway ISD offers salaries and benefits that compete at the top of the county. Waco's lower cost of living means a $50K salary in Waco is equivalent to $81K in Austin.
Stipends for hard-to-fill areas:
- High School Math and Science ($2,000)
- Middle School Math and Science ($1,000)
- Foreign Language ($1,000)
- Identified Special Education areas ($1,000)
- Bilingual ($2,000)
- Master’s degree: add $1,000
- Doctoral degree: add $3,000
Health & Wellness
We realize the success of Midway ISD depends on the commitment, dedication, and well-being of our greatest asset – our employees. We are constantly striving to keep benefits affordable without compromising the quality of the services we offer our employees and their dependents.
- Platinum Award-Winning Healthy Worksite
- Wellness Center with Gym Equipment and Classes
- Medical Health Insurance including a $0 premium option
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Health Fair
- Free Flu Clinic
- Health Newsletter & Classes
Panther Nation is a great place to live, work, and play.
Come play with us! We encourage your participation in vibrant community and family events. Employees and MISD retirees enjoy free admittance to Midway's athletic competitions and fine arts performances. Families will undoubtedly appreciate abundant community events through the Hewitt Chamber of Commerce, Waco Parks and Recreation, and Big XII Conference events.
While you are at work, have peace of mind (and peace for your budget) that Midway ISD:
- Allows employees' children to attend MISD tuition-free even if you live outside of boundaries,
- Accepts transfer requests for children to be at employees' home campuses,
- Offers discounted afterschool care, and
- Has affordable full-day prekindergarten.
Work AND live well with generous time off. Teachers work a 10-month calendar, which often includes:
- 1 week off for Thanksgiving
- 2 weeks off for Christmas
- 1 week off for Spring Break
- 2 months off for Summer
- School Holidays
- 5 Local Days
- 5 State Days
With the hurried pace of our everyday lives, it is difficult sometimes to slow down and plan for the future. Although retirement may seem far away, actions you take today can make a big difference when you reach retirement.
Midway ISD offers retirement programs to its employees through the use of 403(b) tax deferred annuities and 457 deferred compensation and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS). These plans allow employees to save designated amounts out of their paychecks before tax and place them into a variety of mutual funds, variable annuities and fixed annuities. Any earnings grow tax deferred until withdrawn and are intended to supplement your TRS Pension Plan.
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement Planning Sessions
Midway ISD values our talented, dedicated, hardworking staff. You help students achieve their best, and we appreciate all you do. The employee recognition program is a small way to show our thanks.
- Teacher of the Year Awards
- Midyear Celebration & Service Awards
- Power of One Employee Appreciation
- Extra Mile Awards
- Retirement Receptions