Welcome to Panther Nation
Midway ISD is a sought-after district in the Central Texas area with nationally recognized teachers, custom curricula and supportive community involvement. Midway’s pre-K through 12th grade enrollment has grown to more than 8,300 students at six elementary schools, two intermediate schools, a middle school and a high school, while maintaining the highest expectations in academics.
Midway ISD focuses on providing a learner-centered environment to engage and challenge students. Staff and students alike can utilize advanced technology and innovative programs throughout all campuses.
Midway graduates are prepared for work, college and military through nationally renowned programs and numerous options for state endorsements to suit the individual student. MISD curriculum also showcases award-winning fine arts, distinctive career and technical education programs, and competitive 6A athletics. Faculty and students benefit from a distinguished professional development school partnership with Baylor University.
For the latest news and achievements, visit Panther Nation News (pnn.midwayisd.org). For a thorough reports, click here for annual district reports or here for district reporting and accountability.
Mission, Vision & Goals
Vision StatementInnovation, Commitment, and Excellence
Mission StatementMidway ISD will maximize individual potential within a learner-centered and supportive environment to prepare students to excel in a global society.
- Every person has inherent worth.
- Every person can learn and has unique academic, social, spiritual and physical needs.
- A well-educated citizenry is central to a free society.
- Students learn best in a partnership between the home, the community, and the school district that shares accountability and high expectations for a quality educational experience.
- Rules and laws combined with personal responsibility are the foundation for a quality educational experience.
- Efficiency and effectiveness are fundamental to a successful organization.
- Personal integrity is essential to maintain trust.
- Respect for others is essential for a well-functioning society.
- Good role models are crucial to the positive development of our children; parents, guardians and district personnel are among the most influential role models.
MISD District GoalsGoal 1: Meet the academic needs of a diverse population.Goal 2: Provide influential role models through the recruitment, retention, and support of highly qualified faculty and staff.Goal 3: In partnership with our community, provide a safe and secure, supportive, attractive and technologically-advanced environment in order to meet the physical, social, and spiritual needs of a diverse student population.Goal 4: Advocacy: The District provides input and feedback to the legislature, State Board of Education, and the Texas Education Agency regarding issues in public education to ensure maximum effectiveness and benefit to students.