Midway ISD's Safe Start Task Force created plans to address the myriad of issues associated with COVID-19. Working groups in the areas of Health + Safety, Instructional Delivery, Human Resources, and Operations developed plans broken down into major topics below. Due to the everchanging nature of the pandemic, the information may change frequently.
MISD COVID-19 Active Case Dashboard
ABOUT THE DASHBOARD
- The dashboard is updated each morning to reflect active cases.
- A mobile view-sized dashboard is available on the COVID Reporting page.
- The dashboard is created to give parents a transparent report on the current conditions in which their child(ren) attend school. We hope to dispel rumors of outbreaks by providing factual data on this dashboard, and to eliminate confusion of actual cases versus people absent due to quarantine or any other numerous reasons. MISD will also notify guardians of campus and classroom cases via email, and we will contact guardians directly if contact tracing investigations indicate probable exposure.
- Information for the dashboard is compiled by MISD nurses based on a count of confirmed positive cases. MISD will not share personally identifiable information about individuals who have tested positive.
- The dashboard includes the number of current (active) cases in each grade at each campus.
- Percentages are calculated with full campus enrollment including virtual students to account for movement between instructional settings (i.e. enrollment changes and quarantine), virtual student participation in school extracurricular activities, and virtual students visiting campus for instructional support services.
TEXAS AND WACO/MCLENNAN COUNTY DASHBOARDS
- The Texas Department of State Health Services maintains a COVID-19 dashboard that is updated daily.
- DSHS maintains district-level data on their site as officially reported through the Texas Education Agency.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides the latest information about coronavirus and how to care for yourself and help protect others in your home and community.
- The Waco/McLennan County Public Health District also provides a daily COVID-19 positive case dashboard.