Midway ISD Procedures for Workers Compensation Claims

  • Step One:

    • If this is an emergency or life threatening, call 911
    • Report the incident to the campus nurse or to immediate supervisor if nurse is unavailable.

    Step Two:

    • Injured person or nurse will complete the injury report and submit. If paper copy, please submit to Kelcie Griggs.
    • There is a list of authorized clinics on the MISD website; one of those should be chosen.
    • Please call Kelcie Griggs (ext 1136) prior to going to Urgent Care so she can call ahead and authorize care. NOVA has pre-authorization on file. 

    Step Three:

    • The physician will examine the employee and advise as to when he/she can return to work.  The physician will complete a Texas Workers’ Compensation Work Status Report and provide a copy to the employee and the District.
    • If there is a follow-up appointment, it is the employee’s responsibility to go, or run the risk of the claim being denied.

    The following Occupational Medicine Clinics Accept Workers' Compensation Cases

    • Central Texas Urgent Care | 666.3627
      • 1201 Hewitt Drive, Suite 203
      • Open Mon.-Sat. 9am-9pm
      • Open Sun. 1pm-9pm
    • Nova Medical Center | 523.3622
      • 408 North Valley Mills, Suite 408F
      • Open Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-6pm
      • Clinic is bilingual and offers van pickup and return
    • Providence Occupational Medicine Clinic | 776.0418
      • 701 West Loop 340, Suite A
      • Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5:00pm
    • Concentra Medical Center | 772.2777
      • 4205 Franklin Ave
      • Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5:30pm
    • Waco Works Occupational Medicine and Rehabilitation | 227.6420
      • 3919 West Waco Drive
      • Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm

    Employees refusing medical care:

    If the administrator in charge believes there is a possible injury but the employee does not believe he/she needs medical attention, MISD cannot force the employee to seek medical attention.  However, the administrator should still complete the First Report of Injury.


Contact Us