Midway ISD Procedures for Workers Compensation Claims
- If this is an emergency or life threatening, call 911
- Report the incident to the campus nurse or to immediate supervisor if nurse is unavailable.
- Injured person or nurse will complete the injury report and submit. If paper copy, please submit to Kelcie Griggs.
- There is a list of authorized clinics on the MISD website; one of those should be chosen.
- Please call Kelcie Griggs (ext 1136) prior to going to Urgent Care so she can call ahead and authorize care. NOVA has pre-authorization on file.
- The physician will examine the employee and advise as to when he/she can return to work. The physician will complete a Texas Workers’ Compensation Work Status Report and provide a copy to the employee and the District.
- If there is a follow-up appointment, it is the employee’s responsibility to go, or run the risk of the claim being denied.
The following Occupational Medicine Clinics Accept Workers' Compensation Cases
- Central Texas Urgent Care | 666.3627
- 1201 Hewitt Drive, Suite 203
- Open Mon.-Sat. 9am-9pm
- Open Sun. 1pm-9pm
- Nova Medical Center | 523.3622
- 408 North Valley Mills, Suite 408F
- Open Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-6pm
- Clinic is bilingual and offers van pickup and return
- Providence Occupational Medicine Clinic | 776.0418
- 701 West Loop 340, Suite A
- Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5:00pm
- Concentra Medical Center | 772.2777
- 4205 Franklin Ave
- Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5:30pm
- Waco Works Occupational Medicine and Rehabilitation | 227.6420
- 3919 West Waco Drive
- Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm
Employees refusing medical care:
If the administrator in charge believes there is a possible injury but the employee does not believe he/she needs medical attention, MISD cannot force the employee to seek medical attention. However, the administrator should still complete the First Report of Injury.
Workers Compensation Contact Info254-761-5610254-761-5789 fax13885 Woodway DriveWoodway, TX 76712Kelcie GriggsHR Benefits Specialistext. 1136