All About Mrs. Minard
- I grew up in San Antonio, Texas, and graduated from Roosevelt High School.
I graduated from Angelo State University with a B.S. in Life/ Earth Sciences and Mathematics and also with an M.Ed. in Guidance & Counseling.
This is my eighteenth year to teach!
It is my eighth year to teach 1st grade at South Bosque.
- I also taught 3rd grade at South Bosque for two years and 4th grade for one year at Castleman Creek.
- I taught 7th grade science at Midway Middle School for two years.
- I taught both 1st and 3rd grades in San Angelo ISD before becoming a stay at home mom for several years.
- My husband is a photographer for Baylor Photography at Baylor University and even though neither of us are BU graduates, we LOVE the Bears!
- We have two wonderful daughters. Madi, who is a Midway graduate, completed two amazing years as a Kilgore College Rangerette and is now a Baylor University student and Molly is a junior Goal Tender officer at Midway High School. Both of my girls love to dance! It truly seems as if just yesterday they were both first graders, too!
- We have one pet - a Cavimalt puppy named Maggie.
- I love collecting bears, any kind of M&M's (except the plain ones), dark chocolate, frozen yogurt, almond bubble tea smoothies, and cranberry-vanilla limeade slushes.
- I especially love teaching kids and getting to know them and their wonderful families!
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, watching my girls dance, church activities, hiking, watching college football (esp. Baylor) and home improvement shows, and attending various Midway, Baylor, and Rangerette events.