Midway Middle School Nurse's Office
Basic Midway ISD procedures regarding the administration of medication at school:
- All medication must kept in the school clinic.
- All medication must be in the original container. All prescription medication must have the correct pharmacy label.
- All medication administered at school must be accompanied by a Medication Administration Request Form.
- A physician's signature is required for any medication that needs to be administered for 10 days or more.
Basic Midway ISD procedures specifically pertaining to asthma management:
- Inhalers must have be in the original box or canister with pharmacy label attached.
- Unit dose nebules for the nebulizer must be sent to school in the box with the pharmacy label.
- The Asthma Medication Administration Request Form must be completed by the parent and physician including the Asthma Action Plan.