Title IX Compliance: A Shared Responsibility
Title IX compliance is a shared responsibility of an entire district, from top-level administration to all levels of staff. Title IX protects students, employees and applicants for employment, and other persons from all forms of sex discrimination. All students (as well as other persons) at institutions/districts that receive federal funds are protected by Title IX—regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, race, or national origin—in all aspects of a recipient’s educational programs and activities (OCR Title IX Resource Guide).
In Midway ISD, we believe in treating all students and employees with dignity and respect therefore we take these matters seriously. It is the responsibility of all staff, teachers, and administrators to report complaints of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and/or any other forms of sexual misconduct that they receive or of which they may become aware by immediately contacting the Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Jeanie Johnson at 254-761-5610. Each campus also has a designated Title IX coordinator.
Title IX Campus Coordinators / Investigators
- Midway High School - Jess Wheeler / Investigators - Assistant Principals
- Midway Middle School - Valerie Willis / Investigators - Assistant Principals
- River Valley Intermediate School - Chelsea Lippe
- Woodgate Intermediate School - Kim Hawkins
- Castleman Creek Elementary - Christy Bowling / Investigator - Erica Johnson
- Hewitt Elementary - Christi Yourman
- South Bosque Elementary - Amber Burns
- Speegleville Elementary - Mandi Bronstad
- Spring Valley Elementary - Kappy Edwards
- Woodway Elementary - Lora Sims
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Midway Independent School District does not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status or on any other basis prohibited by law. The Title IX Coordinator for Midway ISD is Dr. Jeanie Johnson, Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services, 13885 Woodway Dr, Woodway, TX. 76712. The contact phone number is 254-761-5610.
For more information, you may visit the Title IX page on the Office of Civil Rights website.
Title IX Training Materials