STAAR and STAAR End-of-Course
Governor Abbott has waived the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) testing requirements for 2019-2020 school year. Students in grades 3-8 will not be taking STAAR this school year. Students taking end-of-course (EOC) subject areas will also be waived from these assessments as long as credit is earned for the entire course. Gov. Abbott Waives TestingAP Testing
- All AP exams will be administered online. Students can use any device to access the exam; students who have connectivity issues should contact College Board.
- AP exams will be 45 minutes in length.
- Course specific exam information can be found at https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/educators/taking-the-exams/ap-exam-schedule
- Majority of colleges and universities have agreed to accept AP exam scores.
- Students may cancel their AP exam(s) with a full refund by filling out the Google form https://forms.gle/DHD9qKVzAu6BQXPG7. Students will need to signed into their Midway account to access the form. Deadline to cancel is April 15th.
The College Board and ACT have cancelled many testing dates. Please visit the websites below for their most up-to-date information.
New Email Address
The assessment office has a new email address email@example.com. We are here to answer any questions and provide additional information as needed.
What does my child's scores mean?STAAR Frequently Asked Questions