The resources that can be accessed with links connecting to sources other than this website (midwayisd.org) are not maintained by Midway Independent School District. Midway I.S.D. is not responsible for the contents of any such resources. The existence of a link or its content should not be assumed by the user as an endorsement by Midway I.S.D.
MAC Scholarship Blog: http://wacomac.wordpress.com/Financial Aid Night (October 22nd) PowerPoint
Senior Sneak A Peek Handouts:
- Student Loans
- Net Price Calculator
- FAFSA Checklist
- MAC Program
- Guide to Financial Aid
- MAC Foundation
- MAC Program
- MAC College Money Program
- MAC Grant
- College Money Program Information
- Do you need Money for College?
Federal Student Aid
Financial Aid for foster and/or adopted children
COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID CHECK LIST:
- Apply for admission to your college choices.
- Apply for TWO (student and parent) pin numbers at www.pin.ed.gov .
- Find out the Financial Aid priority deadline and Scholarship deadline at your college (usually available on the college web site).
- Apply for any scholarships available to you.
- Complete Parent and Student (if necessary) Tax Return Forms.
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and sign with both pin numbers at least a week before the Financial Aid priority deadline at your college.
- Check to make sure your college financial aid department has received your information and ask the following:
1. Do you need anymore information to complete my financial aid package?
2. Do I need to do anything else to be considered for the TEXAS Grant?
3. How do I apply for my student loan? (If you need to get one.)
4. How do I apply for a work-study job? (If you want a job on campus.)
- Always file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you need help, see your counselor. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR FAFSA!
- The College cannot download your FAFSA information if you have not applied for admission or if you did not list them on your FAFSA.
- List all possible college choices on your FAFSA (up to 10).
- Tax Forms need to be completed if possible, but do not have to be filed with the IRS in order to show them completed on the FAFSA. Be sure to save copies of all TAX forms and W-2's, you may need them for verification at the college.
- If both pin numbers are used, the college should have FAFSA information in 3 days. If a signature page is mailed it will be approximately 7 days.
- Keep pin numbers in a safe place. They will be used every year on your FAFSA and to correct or check on your information.
- Even if your college does not have a financial aid deadline, most start awarding money March 1st. To be first in line, be sure all information needed by financial aid is turned in by the end of February.
- If you are told you are picked for verification, complete all required information immediately. You will receive no funds until you do so. REMEMBER: The verification is the final step...make sure it is correct. Mistakes on the verification may not be able to be corrected!!!