BUS DRIVERS MUST HAVE A TEXAS COMMERCIAL DRIVING LICENSE
Midway ISD will provide training and support throughout the process for obtaining the applicant’s CDL. All first time applicants for a Texas CDL must:
Midway ISD will assist the applicant throughout the Texas CDL licensing process. School bus drivers must complete a 20 hour School Bus Driver Certification Course after obtaining their CDL. This course will be taken after employment with Midway ISD. Midway will pay the $150 course fee and the driver will be paid $8 per hour for their time taking the course.
- Apply in person at a Texas Driver License office.
- Present documents that verify your identity.
Different documents are required if you are a U.S. citizen or have Lawful Presence. This may require you to present one or more documents at the driver license office. All information on each document you present must match. Additional documentation may be required to verify conflicting information, incomplete names and date of birth.
- Present proof of social security number. If you do not have a social security number, a CDL cannot be issued to you.
- Meet the medical certification requirement. (a)
- Meet the non-resident requirements if you are not a Texas resident.
- Complete the Commercial Driver License application.
- Consent to be photographed, fingerprinted, and provide your signature at the time of application.
- Pass the vision exam.
- Pass the required written test for type of license you desire, including endorsements, A & B rules test (written), and skill tests in the appropriate vehicle (driving). (b)
- Pay the required fee with a credit card, cash, money order, or a non-temporary check. (c)
- Provide a commercial motor vehicle for the driving exam, and present current liability insurance, Texas vehicle reg-istration, and inspection for the vehicle. (d)
Visit us online at www.midwayisd.org for more information or call the Midway ISD Transportation Department at 254-761-5620.