Submit 5 Star Applications electronicallyto Lisa Lemmon
MIDWAY COUNCIL PTA
FIVE STAR AWARD
NEW FOR 2014-2015:The FIVE STAR AWARD will be awarded to all MISD local PTAs who complete a minimum of five (5) items per each of the five (5) and submit documentation by the May 1st deadline.
- Update local PTA website OR PTA page on school's website.
- Post Executive Board members contact information, By-laws and Standing Rules to Local PTA website.
- Send out at least one newsletter (via snail mail OR email) to Local PTA membership per semester.
- Publicize Executive Board and General Meeting dates and times to all parents.
- Host an Executive Board and/or Committee Chair Mixer.
- Publicize PTA calendar events on at least 2 of the following: school marquee sign, message board, web site or other public access areas.
- Open the floor to questions and comments at two general meetings. (Time limits suggested.)
- Send articles of interest to local news media to promote your school and PTA in the community.
- Increase overall membership by 5 percent over last year’s totals.
- Have a coordinated membership drive kick-off during your schools registration or Meet the Teacher.
- Offer incentive to teachers to promote membership to individuals or memberships to homeroom/tutorial classes.
- Submit dues/membership to State PTA for “Early Bird Award” by September 30. (did not have to receive the award, just submit)
- Submit dues/membership to State PTA by fall deadline of October 15.
- Receive the Texas PTA Golden Apple Award for faculty/staff memberships.
- Hold a Fall AND a Spring membership drive.
- Actively promote the benefits of joining PTA using two mediums.
3. COUNCIL & THE COMMUNITY
- Participate in PTA “Connection Day” (September)
- Participate in ANY Annual State-wide PTA event (Rally Day, etc.)
- Have representation at both fall MISD Council PTA meetings (September & October)
- Have representation at both spring MISD Council PTA meetings (February & April)
- Submit MISD Council PTA dues ($75)
- Submit Council Reflections fees ($25)
- Have Council fundraiser representative position on Local PTA Board.
- Sponsor one event in which the community is invited to attend.
- Send a minimum of two (2) officers/chairs to LOT (Leadership Officer Training) or Officer and Chair Training. (Fall or Spring)
- Send at least 1 officer or chair to the State PTA Convention or Summer Leadership Seminar. (SLS)
- Conduct a minimum of two (2) Executive Board/General Meetings with formal agendas. (as described by Local PTA By-Laws)
- Pay Texas State sales tax on time to the Texas State Comptroller.
- Document all Executive Board officers with LOT Training certification.
- Develop, present and vote on plans for excess funds or for mini-grants.
- Offer “buy out option” for PTA fundraiser reward day.
- Submit fundraiser to the MISD Director of Developments “Fundraiser Database”
- Host a minimum of one (1) family inclusion event per semester.
- Host a minimum of one (1) parent enrichment or education event.
- Host a minimum of one (1) educational event or program that directly impacts student.
- Sponsor a teacher appreciation event.
- Submit a minimum of one (1) Reflections entry per grade. (k-12 as applies to the campus)
- Slate officers according to Local PTA By-Laws and Texas PTA Nominating Committee Procedures.
- Maintain a list of events / programs sponsored by and donations given by your PTA for the current calendar year.
- Submit Financial Reconciliation report by the first Fall meeting according to Local PTA By-Laws.
Fine Print: Objectives must be met during the academic year 2014-15 to qualify. Local PTAs may submit at any time after October 1, 2014. Deadline for 2014-15 is May 1, 2015. You may attach supporting documents to the application here if desired. Electronic submissions are encouraged. Contact Stephanie Grosz at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.