1) Where do we go? Back of the high school is the arena entrance. There will be a red and blue sign outside the doors.
2) What time does it start and end? Doors open at 5:30. It will take just a moment to check them in. Parents are welcomed to stay but not required. Play will begin at 6:00. We will be done at 8:00. Parents will need to come into the gym to pick up their 4th graders. We need to see them leave with someone.
3) What do they wear? Athletic shorts, t shirt, tennis shoes. Kneepads are totally optional.
4) Do they need to bring anything? A water bottle and light snack if needed (low blood sugar). Please let us know of any severe medical condition to watch for at check in. There will be a five minute break at 7:00. If not, just a great attitude!
5) Why are checks made to Waco Volleyball club? It is a UIL rule that “For non-school competition, school coaches shall not schedule matched games for students in grades 7-12 from their attendance zone. School coaches may assist in organizing, selecting players and coaches, and may supervise school facilities for non-school league play. School coaches shall not coach or instruct 7-12 grade students from their school district attendance zone in the team sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball or volleyball.” UIL Rule 1209
You will see your child being coached and trained by our current and past volunteer players, coaches, and club coaches. You will not see ANY of MISD coaches working with the students, as it is against UIL rules. We are there to supervise the facility and take care of your children. I will go over the rules with the students at the beginning of each session. Please email me if you have any additional questions.