Midway ISD will be partnering with Kids & Company, a United Way organization, to provide after-school care for the 2012-2013 school year. Kids & Company is a non-profit licensed child care program with a mission to provide quality, affordable childcare in a healthy, secure, developmentally appropriate environment. Kids & Company is the largest after-school provider in the area.
The change in childcare from in-district management to contracted services provides quite a few advantages:
• Kids & Company is a licensed child care provider
• Kids & Company will provide an increased level of service and quality for parents and students
• All-day care will be available during district holidays
• Hours of afterschool care will be extended until 6 p.m.
• More openings for children will be available at each campus
The standard rate of care will be $50 per week, however as a United Way organization, Kids & Company is able to offer scholarships to families in need of assistance at multiple levels. This is an increase from MISD’s current rate but the rate remains lower than most programs in the community, includes extended hours and holiday care, and financial assistance is available.
You can find out more information about Kids & Company on their website at www.kidsandcompany.org. Registration information is available from campuses beginning May 2012.