Midway ISD offers tuition-free full-day prekindergarten for children who are at least four years of age as of September 1 and :
1. Are unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
2. Are educationally disadvantaged; the term, “educationally disadvantaged,” means eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program.
3. Are homeless, as defined by federal law [see FD(LEGAL)], regardless of the residence of the child, or either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control.
4. Whose parent(s) are an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority.
5. Whose parent(s) are a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
6. Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.