Mission: Midway HOSA strives to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the need of the health care community.
Purpose: The purpose of the Midway HOSA program is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
Goals: Goals that Midway HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self- confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
All students participating in HOSA must follow MISD policies regarding participation including eligibility and drug testing. See the link below for further information.Extracurricular Discipline Management Plan