2018 Midway Council PTA Scholarship
Download the 2018 Midway Council PTA Scholarship form here.Download MISD Scholarship Standing Rules here.
The Midway Council PTA is composed of representatives from each of our ten local campus PTAs and the MISD Administration. It is governed by an elected Executive Board. The Council is a community branch of the Texas PTA and National PTA put in place to counsel, support, organize, arbitrate and communicate with the local Midway campus PTAs.
The Purposes of the Midway ISD Council of Parent Teacher Associations, in common with those of the National PTA and the Texas PTA, are:
a. to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
b. to raise the standards of home life
c. to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
d. to bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently i the education of children and youth.
e. to develop between educators and the genral public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The MISD Council PTA, in its commitment to improving the lives of young people, offers this scholarship opportunity to graduating Midway High School seniors. These scholarships will be awarded to academically deserving students, with additional consideration given to participation in non-academic activities.
· Applicant must be a 2017-2018 graduate from Midway High School.
· The student applicant and the parent/guardian must have been a member of the Midway High School PTA as of October 15,2017.
· The scholarship must be used at an accredited institute of higher learning during the 2018-2019 academic year.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS:
· Awards may be used for the purpose of tuition, room/board, books and mandatory fees a any university, college, business or vocational school approved by its state acredditing agency during the 2018-2019 academic year.
· All awards will be paid directly to a qualified institution as described above, unless doing so would reduce the amount of potential tuition remission from the institution.
· Scholarship monies will be presented when evidence of enrollment is presented to the Midway Council PTA Treasurer.
· Awards not used by June 1, 2019 will be forfeited.
· All information provided in support of this application will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Scholarship Committee and application reviewers.
· The MISD Council and Scholarship Committee do not discriminate against any student for any reason including reasons of race, creed, color, orientation, religion, or national origin.
· Complete Scholarship Application that includes answers to all questions.
· Include a current copy of your high school transcript, including information from the fall semester of 12th Grade(a screenshot of the appropriate Home Access Center screen will suffice).
· Applications must be computer generated or typewritten. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
· Application should be hand delivered by Friday, April 13, 2018, 4pm to the Midway High School Counseling Office.
Please Note: Although you can fill in a form while it is displayed within your browser, we strongly recommend that you not do so. You will lose all entered form data if you browse to other web pages in the same browser window that you are using to display the screen fillable form. You run the risk of accidentally deleting all of your entered form data by inadvertently clicking on the “back or “forward” buttons on your browser. Clicking either of these buttons will close the form and delete of all your information.
We recommend that you open the Acrobat Reader program, click on file/open and locate the form saved on your computer hard drive. Then fill out the form in Acrobat Reader independently from your browser or your Internet connection.
For more information, please contact Emily Johnson at email@example.com