Welcome to Midway ISD's Alternative Education CenterK-12 Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) | High School EXCEL Program
901 Old Hewitt Drive
Waco, TX 76712254-761-5678254-761-5776 (fax)EXCEL hours: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.depending on the students planDAEP hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.(doors will not open until 7:30 a.m.)
Welcome to Midway ISD's alternative education programs, including the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) and the EXCEL Program.
We strive to teach and model behaviors that allow students to learn personal responsibility, citizenship, and the tenants for fairness, integrity and respect for themselves and others.
Our charge is to provide students an alternative education program which will empower them to be responsible individuals who successfully demonstrate appropriate social and academic skills to help them become productive global citizens.
· We believe that higher expectations promote higher achievement.
· We believe that all people have talents to be identified and developed.
· We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
· We believe that everyone has the right to a safe environment.
· We believe that success is measured on results.DAEP: The mission of the Midway DAEP Program is to provide students an opportunity to be successful in their high school educational experience and subsequent career. Students placed in DAEP have jeopardized that success by not following the rules and code of conduct of the Midway Independent School District. DAEP gives those students an opportunity to modify their behavior in such a way that they can be successful in the educational main stream and thus can be allowed to return to their home campus.EXCEL: The Midway Independent School District's EXCEL program is an academic school of choice which provides high school students with an alternative academic program. We understand that a “one-size fits all” approach does not work for every student; therefore, MISD has committed resources to create the EXCEL program.
Executive Director for Special Populations & Federal Programs