The safety and security of our students at River Valley is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, the following items are an integral part of our Emergency Operations Plan:
- Primary, alternate and handicap evacuation routes
- Pre-determined evacuation sites off campus
- Procedures, trainings for staff, and practice drills with staff and students for emergency situations
- Administrator knowledge of utility access and shut-off points
- Administrator(s) trained in FEMA’s National Incident Management System.
- Safety “go bags” in each classroom with basic first aid supplies, class rosters, etc.
- In the event of a campus evacuation, parents would be notified through the School Messenger system. Therefore, it is very important that you keep your contact information up-to-date. In the case of an emergency, please follow all directions from the school. For example, if the school is in lockdown, please do not call the school or arrive to pick up your child. Wait for further guidance from school staff, as the safety and security of our students would be foremost in our decision-making in an emergency situation.